Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chick-fil-A Stands Firm

I applaud the owner of Chick-fil-A for standing firm in his beliefs. After the clamor many people have raised for Chick-fil-A's donation of food for a biblical marriage class, the people in charge have stood firm. I, for one, remember getting so excited when I was little after getting a kids' meal with a Veggietales toy. I also appreciate how they have decided to close on Sundays, in honor of the Lord's day.

Quote from the owner:

"In recent weeks, we have been accused of being anti-gay. We have no agenda against anyone. At the heart and soul of our company, we are a family business that serves and values all people regardless of their beliefs or opinions. We seek to treat everyone with honor, dignity and respect, and believe in the importance of loving your neighbor as yourself.

We also believe in the need for civility in dialogue with others who may have different beliefs. While my family and I believe in the Biblical definition of marriage, we love and respect anyone who disagrees."


Go here for more information.

Blessings,

6 comments:

MaureenT said...

Great post...I also applaud them. I would frequent them if there were any around me. I live in upstate NY and there aren't any. Family that live in the South and Southwest love them!
Way to go!!!

Danielle Diez - Maiden of Emmanuel said...

So someone looked into Chick-Fil-A, eh :)?
God bless,
MOE

Go Bold said...

I don't remember Chicka fila, I don't think I went there much,

is it Christian?

~Prism~ said...

Chick-fil-A doesn't market itself as Christian, but the owner is a Christian, and they are not open on Sundays. I don't know if they still do it, but they used to feature Christian Veggietales items in their kids' meals.

Blessings,
~Prism~

Camellia Day said...

I heard about this today and I couldn't agree more!

I find it kind of funny that people are getting angry about this. It's a fast food distributer, it's suppose to serve people no matter what race, gender, sexuality, ect.

Go Bold said...

cool! I didn't know that!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin