Wednesday, June 3, 2009

June Bug

Ah, it's June, and O-fficially summer break for little me. Yeah, I know what ya'll must be thinking... "How many times have the word 'summer' come up in your posts, Prism?"

Well, a lot.

I've referred to it in terms of school and weather, but this time it is definitely school.

Everything is done. From Bible and Logic to swimming. From Trignometry and Latin to sunny days outside.

*grins*

Have I got a major case of the June bug. You won't believe how many times I've gone outside this past week, either to jump on our trampoline with Lil' Sis and Artista! (Two younger sisters) Sure, there's always the possibility that I'm too old and might break its poor old springs, but it's not happened yet, so I'ma gonna keep doing it.

But one thing is for sure, I'm way to old for playground set thingies.

Yesterday I took Lil' Sis to our neighborhood playground because she has been itching to for a long time, and she's been well-behaved. We don't have swing set or slide set at our house, so I thought we'd go so she's be good and ready for her nap.
We headed there, and she played around for a while, climbing up and down. But she wouldn't go down the big slide!

She kept on saying, "Bow! Bow!" I didn't understand, but she was pointing towards the slide, so I climbed on up, thinking there was a bug or something. The stairs were fine, but then came the tunnel. A five-year old sized tunnel. Sure, I'm pretty "petite" and the shortest person in a group of people my age, but that thing was downright TINY. I got in just fine, but I couldn't fit through the other end of the tunnel.

Lil' Sis, of course, was eager to get to the other side so she helped push me out. I felt like Winnie the Pooh, stuck in Rabbit's hole. (Has anyone else had to read that story to younger siblings???) I didn't have to starve myself for a week or use butter to make me slick or anything, but it took a while for me to wriggle out of there.

After stretching and glaring at the tunnel, I still didn't know what she was so scared of... She started making whiny sounds when we pushed through, and was as stubborn as a cat being taken to a bath. I had to hold her and go down the slide with her to get down there. She was making worried sounds the whole way down.

That's the first and last time I'm going to attempt that. For sure!

As for school being out, that doesn't mean I'm lazing around. I mean, one can only be a couch potato for so long, and I got pretty bored of it on Monday. Twas THAT fast...

I've been reading a lot more and writing. Thing is, I'm editing on the LAST chapter of my fantasy story, and I've got an idea for this story that involves kidnapping, movie stars, and robot dogs that are pretty much all-purpose. May sound too over the top, but I'm going to try to go after it, and see what I can do.
But I still have to study for the PSAT and ACT tests, but that's not too much, compared to how many courses I took this year. It only takes two hours or so a week.

Cool blue pool, HERE I COME!!! (Well, me and an inner tube. Have I ever mentioned I can't swim???)

Yep, a serious case of the June Bug.

God Bless,

2 comments:

Sarah said...

good thing u got out of that tunnel lol. Too bad u didn't get a picture of that :P u in there and ur lil sis trying to push you through.. lol. ok sry. :D

have fun in the cool blue pool. wish i culd join ya...

Elizabeth J. said...

I love trampolines-wish I had one. Have fun on your summer break.

Thanks for following my blog.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin