Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What is Prism Reading???


This post has taken a long time to be posted. I haven't posted what I think about books because I don't really like reading book reviews too much. So, I thought I could make them short "blurbs" of books and music.

First off, the Phantom Stallion series by Terri Farley! I've known about this series for a long time, and I'm rereading it again. It's not about a ghost horse (that's what I was afraid of when I was first told about it), but it is about a teenaged girl and her relationship with horses, more specifically a beautiful wild stallion called the Phantom. And I just love the choice of titles!

BOOK TITLES:

The Wild One
Mustang Moon
Dark Sunshine
The Renegade
Free Again
The Challenger
Desert Dancer
Golden Ghost
Gift Horse
Red Feather Filly
Untamed
Rain Dance
Heartbreak Bronco
Moonrise
Kidnapped Colt
The Wildest Heart
Mountain Mare
Firefly
Secret Star
Blue Wings
Dawn Runner
Wild Honey
Gypsy Gold
Run Away Home

WHO I RECOMMEND THIS TO:
Real-life setting fiction lovers- Awesome look into the life of cowboys/cowgirls and ranchers
Horse lovers- Lots of info and terms
Slight romance likers- I don't like romance, but I loved this series. Romance is there, but not a huge thing.
Girls age 8 and up- I've heard of some guys reading it, though. Nothing inappropriate that I could find, just that the reading level is around the age of eight.

~*~

I've also JUST finished the Lost Books series by best-selling author Ted Dekker (last two co-authored with Kaci Hill) It's basically about a group of teenagers who are sent on a mission to find seven lost books of history. It's set in a fantasy world, with fuzzy white bats and beings called Leedham. I loved the first two books, but the last four were iffy for me. I am NOT a big fan of romance and, in my opinion, "kissing full on the lips" isn't something I like reading about. In the last two books, however, there is a relationship that I thought was moving. SPOILER: Darsal and Marak I can see why these books are popular, though. Action packed and full of stuff people love in books. There were a lot of story holes, though, but I do understand that there are other series around this one and they are all involved in each other, so I think that clears things up.

BOOK TITLES:
Chosen
Infidel
Renegade
Chaos
Lunatic
Elyon

WHO THIS BOOK IS FOR:
Teens- Preferably late teens, but it differs on how high you think you can read. Not much on words, but more about content-wise.
Fantasy lovers- Definitely fantasy!
Romance & Adventure lovers- Lotz of romance and battles and such.
Both guys and gals

God Bless,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Phantom Stallion series, and ordered Chosen just now from the Library.
Bummer 'bout the romance.

Abigail Pruence said...

Cool! You read the Phantom Stallion series too! I have all of them up to Firefly, hopefully I will be getting more soon. I have never read the Lost Books, but then again i am not a fantasy reader at all. Thanks for the good review of Phantom Stallion series!

God Bless,
Abigail Prudence

Blog Widget by LinkWithin