Friday, July 16, 2010

Randomness Friday: Sleep, Sleep, Where Art Thou?

(Thanks Libby!)

Sooo... *looks up drowsily* *yawns* Wait... why am I here???

OH! Randomness Friday! Welcome, welcome, welcome! I'd like to extend a special hello to my new followers. I really wish I knew who you were, but for the life of me, my handy dandy followers gadget is mixing up the new and the not-so-new-but-still-very-much-appreciated follower people! Let me tell you, though, I am very glad you are here! :)
~*~

So, sleeplessness. I've become way to familiar with it lately.

How do I know?
1. I can't fall asleep! (Well, duh, Prism)
2. I've become very forgetful
3. Slow
4. Tired during the day/ Wide awake at night
5. Lack of interest
6. I just feel bleh!

So, I don't know what it is, to be honest. When I finally do fall asleep, I'm plagued by these random, abstract dreams that drive me crazy! They're so random. Like some are so weird, some funny, and then some I wake up with tears on my pillow. I'm not sad or anything, I assure you.

I just wish the dreams would stop!

Ugh! >:(
~*~

So this week was normal, with one exception.

My dad got into a car accident. It wasn't his fault, and he's okay. A little sore still, but safe.

I wish I could say the same of the car...

Nothing official yet, but we think it is totally gone.

The front looks like a train hit the car head-on. Eek! Thank God my dad is okay.

But now my parents have a lot of insurance, car-buying, rental stuff, ect. to deal with.

Double ugh...
~*~

Fortunately, this week wasn't all frumpy faces and ughs!

I got the opportunity to teach Tae Kwon Do again to elementary-aged kids. It's so fun, and they're all so curious. Definitely cute-ness, though it's easy to get distracted for them.

Ah, the days of elementary school.
~*~

Sometimes, I wish that I could switch years around. Like my carefree years of elementary and middle school? Let 'em come now! Less stress, more time to write...

I know it sounds ridiculous, but it made sense in my head XD
~*~

Back to sleeplessness. What have I been doing?

Prism's Not-So-Effective-But-Nonethless-Soothing Sleepless Nights "Cures"*:

1. CHOCOLATE milk. Cold, with whipped cream on top. And, if you're feeling really evil, sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top! Guilty pleasure for me, but it is oh-so-yummy.

2. ORANGE juice. When I am feeling angelic, I ditch the chocolate milk and grab a tall glass of orange-ness. I prefer sweet orange juice, pulp doesn't matter for me.

3. ICE cold water. Another guilty pleasure. Why? I love munching on ice. And every time I do that, I get a lecture from my mom.

Our conversation usually goes like this:

Mom: Prism, you are going to ruin the enamel of your teeth.
Me: Sorry. But at least I'm not eating my chocolate delight.
Mom: True...

*Okay, so these aren't really cures, but they make me happy. Sad when food and drink items make me happy, but I choose to ignore that fact.

Anyways, that's all for this week! See y'all soon!

Blessings,

6 comments:

Memzie said...

Love the randomness!!!

I hope the car problems end soon.

I totally understand what you are going through. I have been going through the same thing. I feel restless but at the same time my eyes are heavy. Every time I try to go to sleep at night, I lie looking at the ceiling wide awake but my brain and body want to shut down. It is SO frustrating!!!

Music chica said...

Funny on the drinks.
hope you start getting more sleep.=(
I know right?
Our car broke(I'm so glad your dad is O.K.!)too!
Is there something going around?
We'll probably get a new one.Hate insurance etc.
Awesome that your having fun teaching!
Sierra

Michaila said...

hope your dad and the car are ok....

~ Michaila
http://learningleaningloving.blogspot.com

The Golden Eagle said...

I sometimes have sleeplessness nights, too. I just lie there and slam my eyes closed, since I find getting up doesn't always help . . .

Rachel.T said...

You like munching on ice?!?! Me too!! =D

Annie said...

Random is your gift, Prism!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin