Monday, December 1, 2008

Randomness- Music

Okay. I've been so busy that I've forgotten my dose of randomness! I love observation. Everything from people and the quirky little habits we have. Such as looking towards you wrist when you're impatient, even when a watch isn't there! Funny, huh? People call it body language. And sometimes, people really talk with their hands and face expressions. Just watch next time. See if you can pick up on someone's mood by observing them. Of course, you may get some looks and a "What are YOU lookin' at?" But hey, it's interesting.

Well, lately I've been thinking about music. Really it's just elongating your words, breathing in and exhaling more air, and hitting a certain tone with your vocal chords.*
Right? Yet, it has such an impact on us humans. It can change out mood in an instant, change our way of thinking, and it's a doorway to worship God.

For instance, I was in a sad mood yesterday because I had been disappointed about something. So I went over to the couch and turned on my Mp3 player. I had set in on shuffle the day before, so the first song I heard was "Something Beautiful" by the Newsboys. (It's on my playlist if you wanna hear it) Anyways, it's a happy song, and didn't agree much to my mood. So I continued scanning through until I found "Start With Me" by Beyond the Veil (Not on my playlist and a fairly new band. They're amazing!) It was a slow song about forgiveness, and it fit my mood. Suddenly, my ears were bombarded with "Dead Man (Carry Me)" by Jars of Clay. It's a song with an upbeat tune. I was reading, so I didn't bother to change it. I mean, I have to reach down and press the "next" button! Talk about a workout! Stangely, by the end of the song, I was happy.

A song? A song did that? Yep.

Sad? Usually people listen to a slow, emotional song. (Examples**: "Never Alone" by BarlowGirl, "God is God" by Steven Curtis Chapman, "I'm Not Who I Was" by Brandon Heath, and "Stand in the Rain" by Superchick...)

Angry? Usually people go for the harder more "concrete" songs with a loud, steady beat. (Examples**: "Rebirthing" and "The Last Night" by Skillet, "Stand and Scream" by Krystal Meyers, and "Ignition" by TobyMac...)

Happy? Usually people go to the light and cheery songs (Examples**: "Take You At Your Word" by Avalon, "Get Up" PureNRG, "Diverse City" by TobyMac, "Talk About It (Say So)" by Nicole C. Mullen)

There are many other moods, and many other songs to express those moods. Music is sort of like a friend that can sympathize with your circumstances. So, do you not agree with it? My theory doesn't prove true to you? You just listen to whatever's on and go with it? Well, this is most likely not going to apply to everyone. Just one of my little observations about myself and my friends. Feel free to post about your thoughts!

Another thing is what we do when we listen to music. I've noticed that kids sing it out and dance around when it comes to music. Their favorite song or artist is on, they're belting out the words. Teens? Why, we usually are seen listening to our music through earbuds, closing our eyes and melting into the song or bobbing our head to the beat. We can also belt it out like the kids since we really are still kids (though we detest to admit the horror of it). And the adults? They can do either.

Interesting.

Think about it.

Music really does have a deep impact on our little ol' lives!

God Bless,



*This is a simplified GoMC version of the definition of the words. No dictionary used.
**These are just songs that I found off of my MP3 player.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome post! I totally agree. Right now I'm a little tired, and relaxing a bit, and I'm listening to songs that are like that. Right now I'm listening to 'Beautiful Soul' by Jesse McCartney.

Anonymous said...

oh, and when you said to observe people, I thought of this.

One time, a man was walking in front of our house, and he was talking on his cell phone. He was waving his hands, and talking with his hands. My first thought was that, "the person on the other line, can not even see you, so why are you doing it?" Yeah, that was just one of my observations. Like it???

God Bless you DoT!!!,
Lauren Ann.

I probably will have more to say after a while and I am sorry if you don't like a ton of comments from the same person!!! =)

Again,
God Bless

~Prism~ said...

Thanks, Lauren Ann! Your comments or the comments of anyone are always really appreciated! Yes, I do like it! Good one!

Cool, Sarah! I've never heard that song...I don't think. Or have I?....*goes off to think*

God bless,

GoMC

Blog Widget by LinkWithin