So in Biology class, I've been learning about the history of science and all of the different doctrines of the genesis of the world. It's a really great course, since I want to be prepared when those I know who don't agree with creationist doctrines question me and my beliefs. So, here are the things that we as Christians believe.
1. Man and nature of the creation are made by one rational, loving, and orderly God.
2. God is the creator of matter, but He is not matter; He is a spirit. There is more to the universe than simply matter and energy.
3. Man was created in part to search out and discover the ways of God in creation. He is to subdue the earth and have dominion over it.
4. As man seeks to subdue the earth, he can gain an understanding of many of the secrets God has placed in creation for the benefit of mankind and the glory of God.
- From Biology: God's Living Creation Third Edition copyright A Beka Book 2007