Saturday, May 21, 2011

Review of Undercover Pursuit!

Undercover Pursuit by Susan May Warren is the third book in Missions of Mercy suspense/romance series. All Scarlett Hanson wanted to do was to take care of her estranged sister's wedding and leave. All Luke Dekker wanted to do was to accomplish his mission to protect the fiance of the nephew of a huge drug cartel bad guy. He's determined to find his contact, a woman who is to pose as his fiance for the wedding, and get the mission done. But when he mistakes Scarlett for his contact, things become messy. When they both become trapped, Scarlett must adjust to the situation, even though she isn't an agent. Luke must now protect Scarlett, his mission, and now, his heart.

I love the plot. I mean, what if a real person was trapped in a high-stakes situation and they were mistaken for an agent? Would disaster ensue or would the person pull through? The action aspect was really well done- especially, in the final chapters. From the very beginning, I wanted to know what would happen next, and I was so eager to see how Scarlett would do. But my lips are sealed; you're going to have to read the book!

So, I've kind of noticed a pattern as I've read the Mission of Mercy series. The guy always has some kind of dark history, and there's almost always a nightmare scene. I mean, it's not a bad thing, but it kind of got old. Sure, the plot is always different, but I feel the nightmare scenes can often be overused in books. Also, some characters have pasts they are ashamed of. No big details, but the reader will know what happened.

All in all, I rate this book four out of five stars.

Specifics (from amazon.com):
~Paperback: 224 pages
~Publisher: Steeple Hill (May 3, 2011)

Note: Thanks to Litfuse and the publisher for providing me with a free copy of this book for reviewing purposes.

Blessings,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin