Thursday, May 26, 2011

Review of Lethal Remedy!

I have officially found my favorite fiction series, which I have never been able to do before now. It's Prescription for Trouble! Lethal Remedy by Richard L. Mabry, M.D., is the fourth and final book in the Prescription for Trouble medical drama/suspense series. Sara Miles and her colleagues are in a race against the devil, rather, Staphylococcus luciferus, a bacteria better known as the Killer. When a new experimental drug begins to show astounding progress in curing S. luciferus infections, Sara is determined to use it to help her teenage patient, whose prospects are not good. She is determined to help, even if it means attaining the experimental drug through the developer, Dr. Jack Ingersoll, who is Sara's ex-husband.

Everything seems to be perfect until strange, harmful side effects of the drug begin showing up in patients. Sara and her colleague, Dr. Rip Pearson, become more suspicious when the developer and his supporting pharmaceutical company begin to clam up. Sara must put together the clues before its too late!

The plot is so amazing that I had so much difficulty putting this book down. I'm familiar with the many "real life" aspects in the book, so I applaud the author for being so startlingly realistic in the writing of this fictional suspense story. There are many facets in the plot that keep a reader guessing, and I love how the Sara's story isn't the only story in the book. There were several central characters who the book revolved around. Although the point of view shifts many times, the tone is still clear and the characters are very separate. I'm also so very glad that this book is clean. That is so rare in medical fiction (fiction as a whole, really), so I am very thankful to have found this series.

All in all, I rate this book five out of five stars. Excellent and highly recommended!

Specifics (from amazon.com):
~Paperback: 288 pages
~Publisher: Abingdon Press (October 2011)

Note: Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a free electronic advanced readers copy for reviewing purposes. 

Blessings,

3 comments:

Christina said...

That sounds like a really cool series! I'll have to check it out sometime! By the way, this is a really cool blog!

Shelley said...

Cool! Sounds really exciting! Great book review Prism!

Golden Eagle said...

I'll have to check out this book! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin