Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Review of Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride



Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride by Sandra D. Bricker is the second book in the Emma Rae Creation series. Sherilyn's a little frazzled. She's just moved back to Atlanta after living in Chicago for some time to marry her fiance Andrew, the son of the Drummonds, which is a family of high style and high in the social rank of the town. Sherilyn finds much relief in her new job as a wedding planner at Tanglewood Inn, an all-inclusive hotel that it meant for weddings. But when two wedding dresses go missing, her fiance adopts a mangy mutt, and her allergies begin to get serious, Sherilyn gets worried. Is she actually allergic to Andrew?

This book was a lighthearted read. I liked how the story of Emma Rae was able to continue, even though her friend is the star of this book. Sherilyn is a fun character, and I love how creative the author is to create the series in a succession of occupations and tying it all to the other books. My favorite aspect of this book is how Sherilyn moves past losing the two wedding dresses to see that God had a different plan the whole time.

I had no big complains about this book, but I found it somewhat slow-moving. Some of the aspects were predictable, and I wasn't able to enjoy this book as much as I did the first. I really loved the first book, so I'd highly recommend that. There's also a weird doctor scene when Sherilyn is first trying to figure out what she's allergic to. I wasn't a huge fan of that part.

All in all, I rate this book three out of five stars. Clean, lighthearted read, but a bit boring.

Specifics (from amazon.com):
~Paperback: 320 pages
~Publisher: Abingdon Press (October 2011)

Note: Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with an electronic copy of this book for reviewing purposes.

Blessings,

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin