Friday, May 20, 2011

Randomness Friday: The Sky Is Falling!

The world is ending tomorrow. This buzz all over media is somewhat... Oh, let's just say it's interesting. I like to stay out of the mainstream stuff, but this demanded my attention. It's just weird because the Bible says it in plain language:

But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 

Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come. It’s like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with their assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch. 

Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. 

What I say to you, I say to everyone: "Watch!" 

Mark 13:32-37 NIV

Over the years, many people have set dates about when God is coming back. Hey, even Christopher Columbus tried his hand at it. But no one knows! It saddens me when such a claim turns on a mob of mockers and scorners of the validity of the judgment and grace that will come from God.

Can the world end tomorrow? Yes, if God wills it! But does anyone know for certain? No way!!!

And if Jesus said, "nor the Son, but only the Father," who is man to claim that he knows? All of the calculations in the world and trying to find some kind of pattern in the Bible will never work.

I have nothing against the people who believe this idea- even the person who came up with it. I'm sure they are nice people, but this is totally wrong! The people who do not believe there is a God now find a point to scorn! Atheists are quoting the verses! Yet some people still claim to believe this theory and ignore (Oh, the irony...) the Bible! When we could be turning people to God, we are now causing them to perceive us as hypocrites, ignoring our own moral guide! How terrible is that?

As for me, I'll keep trusting that God will come get us when the time is right. He knows the date, and I'll just have faith and watch.
~*~


Note: this is not my image

~*~
Now, for some Randomness Friday fun!

I'm a big fan of Mercy; you know that, right? So, when their new CD came out, I was ecstatic. My favorite? I could not pick a favorite song! But I recently found this video of "Move."



Love it!

I probably say this every week, but I thank God that it's Friday!
~*~

Blessings,

3 comments:

Go Bold said...

i agree with ya!

Sananora said...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...I hate it when people say things that make Christians look worse than they already look to non Christians. I suppose since we're not of the world we're not going to ever be scorn free but at least they wouldn't scorn us about those little things that the bible clearly says no about...(I hope that made sense).

Dragonslove3 said...

The day before my dad said, "So we all know the world in NOT going to end tommorrow." and everyone gave him a blank look. So we learned my dad's theory is if someone says the world will end one day then God will prove him wrong! :) Though now he's saying that it's October 21... My mom sais at least she'll get her presents cause her birthday is the 20th
So we had a little fun with the "End of the World"

Blog Widget by LinkWithin