Friday, February 20, 2009

Randomness Friday

Prism is ashamed of herself. Though she hasn't abandoned her blog, she has put it lower on her priorities list this week. Why? School, sicknesses, and sleepiness. Okay, not really the third one, but I needed another "s"!

I'm also cutting down on posting for now because the BOOKINATOR ( bookworm4god), and I are shooting for getting to our hundreth post together. It'll be a very special post. We're still figuring out all of the details, though. And if you are about to reach 100? Comment on this post and we can all reach 100 together! This is actually post 99 for me...

But do not fear. Book reviews, hot topics, our long awaited mascot, and more and yet to come this coming week. So don't be alarmed if I have 2+ posts per day after reaching 100! *cough* hurry, bookie! *cough*
◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄◄

I've read some pretty good books lately! I just love going to the library. The quiet shelves lined with books- what a glorious sight! I am so grateful to my local library for carrying for carrying so many good books. Not many libraries have Christian books, and I am so privileged.

Some books that I have read recently are:

The Wormling Series by Jerry B. Jenkins and Chris Fabry
Phantom Stallion Wild Horse Island #10 Faraway Filly by Terri Farley
Phantom Stallion #1 Wild One also by Terri Farley
The Door Within Series by Wayne Thomas Batson
Isle of Fire also by Wayne Thomas Batson

╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨╨

Do you like Christian Music? I have two awesome stations for you! I've been listening to them both for years, but only recently have I had the opportunity to listen online.

The stations are:

K-LOVE
and
AIR1

They vary slightly. K-Love is more targeted for the family, and Air1 is more alternative. They are sister stations, and both are great stations to listen to that stream online. You can even see if they play on the radio in your area! There's a lot of things on the site such as weather and news.
A great resource all in all! The morning shows are great, appropriate and are great ways to start a day off with a big bang!

I prefer to listen to Air1 because I'm more into the music that they play. They tend to play music from arists like Disciple, Superchick, Krystal Meyers, and Pillar.

The other members of my family love listening to KLOVE. They play more of MercyMe, Chris Tomlin, Matthew Redman, and Bebo Norman.

And, as you can imagine, we always have a friendly fight over which station we should listen to...=D
☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻☻

So, you think Prism is in love with new and crazy words that she either makes up or finds? Well, she just found a pretty interesting article online with words such as

Batrachomyomachy - Making a mountain out of a molehill.
Folderol - Nonsense.
Formication - The sense of ants crawling on your skin.
Gobemouche - A highly gullible person.

The words above are just four off of the 100 funniest words in English.

For all of the words and the article, go here


God Bless,

6 comments:

Sarah Grady said...

Ahhh, I'm only on my 50th, so I won't be joining you on the amazing occasion! But congratulations in advance! BTW, I kinda like GoMC better then Prism........

Paris said...

I read the Wormling series and really liked the first three books, but not the last two.

Anonymous said...

THIS IS SO COOL!!!!!! I'M A CHRISTIAN, LOVE ALMOST ALL THE MUSIC YOU DO, HAVE READ ALMOST ALL THOSE BOOKS YOU HAVE, *PANT PANT* THIS IS SO COOL!! I'M following you. Can you follow me, too? I LOVE your blog!! I write!!
Go to www.girlshorseclub.com and go to the 'our favorites' section, and I am Angelica. I win contests! :) This is SO AWESOME!!!! YOU'RE SO COOL!!!

p.s. I LOVE Francesca Batistelli!!! And Krystal Meyers! (Have you tried Jump5?)

~Prism~ said...

@Sarah: Thank you!
Awesomeness! 50 is great!!! Silly me didn't even notice my 50th post when it was posted, so I did have a chance to celebrate. So, celebrate! You're halfway there!

@Paris: Yeah...I liked it as just a story, but some of the biblical aspects that it tried to incorporate didn't agree to what I believe...

@ M. Elin N. : Hi there! Pleased to meet you! I'm so glad you dropped by!
I'll be sure to check out your blog!
Congrats on your contests! Do you read Terri Farley's blog? That's where I heard of the site you mentioned..
Wow...Don't worry, after some time I won't look that cool...Actually, I'm sort of a nerdy jock girl who can be VERY clumsy and random! =D
Just wondering, where did you hear about my blog?
YES! She's an amazing singer! I did try Jump5, but I'm more of a Christian song girl. Not really really into romance things and stuff like the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing. Some of their songs I really did like, though. Like "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride". After Lilo and Stitch came out, that was my fav. song!

Live4him said...

hey I actually listen to KLove too it brightens my mood on those not so good days =)i didn't know it had a sister i'll have to check that out and I randomly found your blog from ilovefaces i really don't exactly know how but your blog seems pretty interesting congratz on the 100th post

~Prism~ said...

@Live4Him: Welcome! It's always wonderful to meet new people!
I totally agree. Christian music is so amazing and uplifting! Like a best friend!
Ilovefaces? That's pretty interesting. I've actually never been on that site before you mentioned it! It looks very cool!
Thank you so much! The very next post will be the grand 100, and I can't wait!

God Bless,
~Prism~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin