Wednesday, February 10, 2010

That Can't Be Happening...Can It?

*paces* I've fought it forever now... Digging my heels in the dirt, kicking and screaming all the way... Telling friends that I would never get into it...*growls at self*

Hopeless romanticism? Me? I feel like fainting!
(Bookie-kins, if you're reading this post, I bet you're laughing at me...As you rightly should) 

*cough* Just to clarify, this is a post mocking myself. And no, I am not in love with a person (Dude, too young for that.. I'll be ready for that when I'm, uh... married. How 'bout that? *laughs*)

Romance books... Augh! The horror!

I just read The Apothecary's Daughter by Julie Klassen. It's amazingly well-written, and I recommend it to Austen or Bronte fans... It's not girl falls for guy and they live happily ever after.. It's made to be very complex and keep the reader guessing until the very end. LOVED IT!

I knew I never should have read Pride and Prejudice...

I've also read several books in the "Love Inspired" book category. I believe they are published by Harlequin. I only recommend the Love Inspired series, not the other books they publish.

Klassen's book and the Love Inspired books are both Christian and are very good, and I do recommend them...
But beware... You might fall into the vortex of romance as I just have... Oh, to escape!

I told one of my friends the other day when she caught me reading The Apothecary's Daughter. She thwacked me and said, "Finally, you're getting out of that tomboy phase!"
Tomboy? Me? *blinks innocently*

I suppose I knew it would happen at some time...
Didn't know it would be mere days before Valentine's Day...

Oh, man...
This can't be happening...Can it?

God Bless,

3 comments:

Hayley said...

;)

Araken said...

Oh, how the mighty have fallen

Danielle Diez - Maiden of Emmanuel said...

*laughs histerically* FINALLY!!!!
*grins* I fell in that stage a while ago (buuuut, I was a tomboy before too). You, my friend, won't be escaping any time soon.
And JUST in time for Valentine's Day! :D :P
*smirks*

MOE/Bookie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin