Friday, January 7, 2011

Randomness Friday: No, not the LATEX!!!

                                                                                               (Thanks Libby!)

Isn't it weird when you discover something new about yourself? Like when you suddenly find out that you have a knack for public speaking, or kids love you, or you're Superman?

I mean, wouldn't superheroes be a little weirded out when they find out that they're super????

Well, my recent discovery is definitely not as cool...

I'm allergic to latex. Isn't that the weirdest thing you've ever heard? That makes no sense to me. I have to wear special gloves now because I'm allergic. I just put latex gloves on and they itched like crazy, then I realized my hands were getting red and irritated.

Weirder things have happened, I suppose.
~*~

Do any of you have New Year Resolutions? Yes, I know I'm late, but if you have them, are you still keeping them?

My goal is to have a quiet time every day before I start school, which is pretty early. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to use a devotional or just read through and digest the Word. So far, I'm choosing Psalms and reading those. I'm pretty sure I'll have a real plan by the end of next week.

It's really hard to slow down, sometimes. I love being busy all the time, but then I just want to rest sometimes too. It seems like before I was always finding excuses not to sit, be still, and dive into the Bible.

I also hope to continue this blog. School is really challenging, so my posting frequency may seem odd sometimes, but I will definitely continue posting book reviews. I may lag with the "about me" posts and videos, but I absolutely love writing book reviews.

Isn't that weird? I mean, I always hated doing book reports in elementary school, but I absolutely love doing this.

By the way, in case you're wondering what the picture to the left is... It's the Bible that I have... :)
~*~

Speaking of book reviews, I'll give you a little sneak peek of the reviews I plan to do soon:










So, those are the books coming up, not necessarily in that order. I think it's a good mix of books, don't you?

Note: All of the images used in this post are not mine. 
~*~

Blessings,

6 comments:

Go Bold said...

latex..thats weird
never heard of that allergy!
I have resalutions!
my biggest one is to Grow in God.
my other ones is to lose a few pounds, become a more social person and become better at school

your sister in Christ, Rachael

Go Bold said...

and the book: save the date, I saw that on the book sneeze site are you getting from there?

~Prism~ said...

@Rachael: I know, it's so strange! Those are awesome resolutions, girl. All the best! And yes, I did get the book from there :)

Blessings,
~Prism~

emii said...

Your Bible is so cool! Ooh, and I can't wait to read your book reviews, they're always great!

Jazmine~ said...

I wanna read "Save the Date" soo bad... that book looks like a good read. =D

Tippie said...

Ahhh, yes, I've heard of people who have allergies to Latex. It's an odd allergy to have, isn't it? :P

Great resolution you have there! Being quiet and still or reading a book of the Bible is the best thing you can decide to do. So beneficial! :D

I tend to not make resolutions to myself, because I don't want to break promises made to myself. But, I decided that this year, I'm going to work hard at trying to become more focused on God and growing in Faith.

Can't wait to read your book reviews! I say it's a great thing that you love writing book reviews! Like many other people, I find it beneficial to read a review of a book before I go to read it myself.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin