Monday, June 30, 2008

What happened this weekend...

This weekend Peter Marshall came to our church. Is his name not familiar? He wrote several books about our Christian heritage in America and the need for a revival in this world of many violence and yucky stuff today. The first meeting was okay... He spent a good amount of time advertising his book and CDs and DVDs, and then he gave his intro. And what an intro. it was! He seemed to forget that there were young ears at the meeting and it was a bit uncomfortable, but it still surprised me how by each passing day Hollywood and men's fleshly desires are influencing people. My dad went to the second meeting by himself because I wasn't sure I wanted to hear the intro part again. When he got back, my dad said that it was amazing! His teaching really taught him a lot about The U.S.A.'s history and (though my dad did not buy any) the books were flying off the shelves, er, table. He was a great speaker! he preached that "with the LORD, there is no freedom" So true. Without the LORD, innocent babies are being put to dead. Without the LORD, old people are getting killed because they longer are in their prime years and may not think properly or their body isn't what it was. Without the LORD terrible things are happening. America is in great need for revival and it must start with the church.

1 comment:

Danielle Diez - Maiden of Emmanuel said...

Ya, know... I've never heard of him, but maybe my dad has.
But wow.... That guy is very right:) Wish I could've heard him...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin