Sunday, June 3, 2012

Review of Moonblood!

Moonblood by Anne Elisabeth Stengl is the third book in the fantasy series Tales of Goldstone Wood (see my review for the second book here).

Moonblood picks up right where Veiled Rose left off. We see Prince Lionheart grappling with the strong man he could be and the weak excuse maker that he has so easily become. Desperate to keep his position as heir to the throne, Lionheart decides to get rid of the one person that drives his people away but is yet his only true friend. Prince Lionheart banishes his loyal servant, Rose Red. Little does he know the chain of events that will go into motion the minute Rose Red walks away.

She is captured by her father in the enchanted and hidden land of Arpiar, a dark place hidden by veils. A guilty Lionheart plunges in after Rose Red, determined to make his wrong right. But how far is he truly willing to go? Is he even willing to die for her sake?

A captive princess. A cynical orange cat. A struggling prince. A fallen unicorn. A goblin horde. A mystical wood.

A world's future at stake.

Once again, the author has done an incredible job detailing and making the setting and characters come to life. I absolutely loved Rose Red and "Monster"; they were definitely my favorite characters. The new characters were vibrant and unique. Although I and some readers will hold a dislike for Lionheart, we can see his humanity and struggle with right and wrong. His struggle is a main part of the book(s), and I believe the author handled it masterfully. I can't wait to read the next book, Starflower, set to be released fall 2012!

I wasn't a huge fan of the ending, but I think it could very well be a great interest catcher for the next book. Also, I wish we could have seen more of Una, who was the main character of the first book, but I believe the author could also detail it in Starflower. To be honest, so far in the series, this book is ranked third on my list, with Veiled Rose being first and Heartless being second.

Super excited for the next book, though!

All in all, I rate this book four out of five stars. 

Specifics (from amazon.com):
~ Paperback: 373 pages
~ Publisher: Bethany House Publishers (April 1, 2012)

Note: Thanks to the publisher for providing me with a free copy of this book for reviewing purposes.

Blessings,
~Prism~

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Nice book review Prism. I'm going over to read the one for the second book. :) Thanks for sharing!

Emileigh Latham said...

I really need to get into this series. It looks and sounds SO good! Thanks for the review, Prism!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin