Sunday, June 24, 2012

Review of The Director's Cut!

The Director's Cut by Janice Thompson is the third and final book in the Contemporary Romance and Comedy series Backstage Pass (see my review for the second book here).

Tia Morales is kind of a control freak. I mean, she's the director of an extremely popular family sitcom, so she's gotta be good at taking charge, right? When things start turning out in ways Tia wouldn't have planned it to, she's forced to confront the not-so-controlled areas of her life. Even her perfect world of director-hood isn't turning out as planned! With script changes, guest stars, secret snitches, health emergencies, and her sister joining her on the set, Tia's got her hands full. Not to mention the cute camera guy, Jason, whose annoying qualities are started to seem less annoying. Yikes!

Can Tia learn to surrender her life's script to God? 

I really liked the flow of the three books of the series. They are all their own story, yet all three books mesh chronologically. Although this book isn't my favorite in the series, the main character, Tia, has her own zest and trait she has to overcome. I absolutely loved seeing the old characters, especially Lorena and Kat. The movie quotes and trivia are just as added bonus to the book! There's humor, seriousness, and spiritual truth.

As I mentioned before, this book was good but not my favorite. I couldn't completely connect with the story, and it wasn't as engaging or as comedic as the other books were. However, the storyline was neat, clean, and I did want to read it.

All in all, I rate this book four out of five stars.

Available June  2012 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Specifics (from amazon.com)
~Paperback: 320 pages
~Publisher: Revell (June 1, 2012)

Note: Thanks to the publisher for providing me with a free copy of this book for reviewing purposes. 

Blessings,
~Prism~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin