Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Review of Katy's Decision!

Katy's Decision by Kim Vogel Sawyer is the fourth and final book in the YA Christian Katy Lambright series. Katy is looking forward to a great summer vacation spent with her best friend, Shelby, at Katy's farm in the Mennonite community. However, their plans are soon cut short when Katy's aunt discovers she has a serious illness. The girls sacrifice their time and efforts to run Katy's aunt's fabric store. Seems boring, right? Think again!

A new Mennonite boy from another community is also spending the summer in Katy's community, complicating things. There are already two guys crushing on Katy, and the newcomer is beginning to confuse Katy about where her heart belongs. Katy is faced with several important dilemmas. Who is the guy for her? Will she give up her education to help out at home or continue following her dreams and disappoint her family? It's not an easy decision.

It was great seeing how the series would end. I've been reading the Katy Lambright series from book one, and it was good to get some closure. I like how the male characters were (for the most part) strong yet sensitive enough to help out and care. There was a feeling of strong family unity in this book, and I really appreciated that.

I wish this series could have ended more significantly. I felt as if this book was more boring than the rest of the series. I had closure, but it wasn't very exciting. Also, a lot of the book was about who Katy would choose instead of whether she would chose to stay in the Mennonite community or not. There really wasn't any big, drastic decision.

All in all, I rate this book three out of five stars. Clean read, a little dry. Recommended to girls 10 and up.

Specifics (from amazon.com):
~ Paperback: 208 pages
~ Publisher: Zondervan (April 26, 2011)

Note: Thanks to the publisher for providing me with a free copy of this book for reviewing purposes.

Blessings,

2 comments:

Trinka said...

I read books one and two, but haven't been able to read the last two. I hope someday I can! :) Thanks for the review!

Anonymous said...

how you are able to read books so quickly and make great book reviews I'll never know..

Blog Widget by LinkWithin